Saturday, February 11, 2012

Junk Multimeters!!

So I went and bought a $100 multimeter a few days ago hoping I would be getting a decent meter... Well I was wrong. Very wrong... After the first few measurements it decided to randomly turn off. conveniently, I was on a roof at night testing the running capacitor on a commercial air-conditioning unit. After fiddling with the selector switch I soon discovered it to be malfunctioning. needless to say, I promptly returned it for a refund. After much frustration with the notorious lack of quality control on imported meters, I decided to look for a meter made in the U.S.A. After some searching I found the one!! Its a Fluke 289. For $580 I'm sure it will function properly!! I will be ordering this beast in a few days, and I will definitely follow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment